The Canadian Centre for Environmental Education (CCEE) was established in 2005 through the collaborative efforts of ECO Canada and Royal Roads University. It was created in response to the needs of the environmental sector, offering education and professional development opportunities for individuals working within, or interested in pursuing a career in an environmental profession.
How is the CCEE responding to the needs of the environmental sector?
In particular, the CCEE:
- Supports the career success of environmental professionals, and provides them with recognition for their environmental skills and knowledge
- Offers flexible, relevant, and diverse education and training to meet the needs of an expanding environmental labour market
- Consolidates career and professional development products and services tailored for mid-career professionals and recent graduates
- Provides a process by which the existing credentials and competencies of recent and potential immigrants can be measured and recognized
- Addresses the shortages of mid-career environmental professions by making Canada an attractive destination for qualified immigrants
- Releases programs such as the Certificate and Master in Environmental Practice that are tailored to industry standards