The aims and objectives of the CCEE are to enhance the education, training, professional development, and mobility of environmental professionals both within Canada and internationally.
The Centre supports skills upgrading, educational enhancement, and career development of environmental professionals with post-secondary qualifications by:
- Provision of a professional development certificate program
- Awarding of academic credentials that recognize professional experience
- Promotion of environmental programs based at institutions across Canada
The Centre is also valuable for both recent and potential immigrants to Canada, providing recognition of qualifications and competencies while outlining the required career skills and national occupational standards needed for the environment industry.
The distance learning programs are coordinated and awarded by Royal Roads University. Courses are offered by Royal Roads University and 25 other approved colleges and universities from across Canada. The Centre acts as the national information hub for environmental education with the development of a portal for accessing information and promoting environmental programs in Canada’s colleges and universities.
Building on its national role of coordinating, promoting, and delivering information on environmental education in Canada, the Centre will also become a coordinating body for developing and enhancing a national strategy for education for the environmental sector.
Through its partnership with ECO Canada, graduates and visitors to the CCEE can gain access to a one-stop career services shop at eco.ca. These services include:
- ECO Job Board — Canada’s largest environmental job board
- Environmental Professional (EP) certification
- Wage-subsidy internship opportunities for youth
- Job preparation tools
- Industry information and newsletters
To access these great services and more, visit eco.ca.